10 Tips to Lose Fat Fast
Jan 12, 2019
Ready to get lean and mean as quickly as possible? Follow these tips and you’ll drop unwanted fat in no time!
- Eliminate Sugar: Processed foods like cookies, cake, and candy contains lots of empty calories. Cut the sugar and you instantly cut those low value calories Whenever possible use Stevia, a natural calorie-free alternative.
- Reduce Carbs: Losing weight is a matter of calories in versus calories out. This means you either need to decrease your calories or increase your calorie expenditure. One way to do that is to reduce carbs or look for low carb options like using low-carb wraps instead of bread for sandwiches.
- Incorporate HIIT: Burn calories fast and furious with high intensity interval training. Spike your heart rate for 20-40 seconds, then take 60 seconds to recover. Repeat 10 times for an intense 20 minute workout. Run, bike, row, or use a jump rope.
- Build Muscle: Lift weights to build muscle (you will not get big and bulky!). The more muscle you have, the more calories you burn while at rest. Fat and bone don’t burn calories, but muscle does.
- Eat Healthy Fats: Your body needs fats to survive but not just any fats will do. Try to stay away from trans fats like fried foods, butter, and vegetable oil. You can substitute butter and oil with healthy alternatives like coconut / avocado / olive oil without sacrificing taste. Also adding fish to your diet 2-3 times a week can be a great way to ensure you are getting omega-3’s which are fats used by your brain.
- Get Enough Sleep: Adequate rest is a key factor in losing fat. If you’re sleep deprived it increases cortisol, this makes losing fat harder. Go to bed and wake up at a regular time to get your body accustomed to a normal sleep pattern
- Track Your Calories: As I talked about in tip #2 (Reduce Carbs), losing weight is a matter of calories in versus calories out. Working out doesn’t mean you can eat whatever you want. It is a tool to help put you into a calorie deficit. Track what you are eating so you can make sure you aren’t overeating and to make sure you are burning enough calories in the gym to put you at a deficit.
- Eat More Protein: Protein is the building block of muscle. Try to incorporate lean protein like egg whites, chicken, pork, or steak at every meal. A convenient way to get enough protein is incorporating protein powder into your diet. It will help keep you full and ensure you take in enough protein to build muscle.
- Drink Enough Water: The body is made up of 60% water. Try to drink at least 1-1.5 gallons of water per day. In addition to keeping your belly full, drinking water helps flush the fat. It keeps you regular and hydrated.
- Add More Veggies: Vegetables contain a large amount of fiber. Fiber not only helps you feel full longer but helps keep you regular as well. Veggies are a low calorie way to get more volume in your diet and help you feel more satisfied. You should be eating between 2-3 cups of veggies each day, however be careful with veggies like carrots as they have more carbs than green vegetables and less fiber.