Instant Pot Protein Coconut Rice Pudding
Jan 08, 2019
- 1 cup uncooked rice
- 1/2 cup sugar (OR 2 tsp liquid Stevia)
- 1 cup water
- 1.5 tbsp butter
- 1 can coconut milk (13.5 oz)
- 1/4 cup low-fat milk
- 1 egg
- 1 scoop vanilla protein
- 1/4 cup evaporated milk
- 1/2 cup shredded unsweetened coconut
- Put Instant Pot on saute mode, add butter and allow to melt.
- Add rice and stir to all of the rice is coated
- Add coconut milk, regular low-fat milk, 1/4 cup shredded coconut, and sugar (or Stevia) and stir.
- Set to pressure-cook high for 14 minutes, do a quick release.
- Turn pot off, then hit saute again.
- Whisk together the evaporated milk and egg in a small bowl.
- When rice pudding is bubbling, add half of the milk/egg mixture and stir gently to combine.
- Add remaining 1/4 cup of shredded coconut once mixture is bubbling again, followed by remaining milk/egg mixture.
- Allow to bubble, stir gently until combined so there is no liquidy egg/milk mixture left
- Turn pot off and immediately transfer coconut rice pudding to bowls so it doesn’t continue to cook in the pot and burn.
Add some fat-free Cool Whip and enjoy it warm, or refrigerate for 1-2 hours and enjoy it cold.